Monday, June 26, 2006

Out And About!!

Before I launch into a long diatribe about how cool I am and why you should love Nou La......I gotta acknowledge how pissed off I am. Of course I had just gotten all deep into my latest post about what's been going down (Please Note: not Young Joc style....what's up with all the "Young" this and ""Young" that anywaz. Jeezy, Dro....etc.....but i digress).....all of a sudden, my Safari decides I got too many windows open and shut down my s**t. Boooo.........NOT cool.

Anywayz....let's get my shout-outs out the way. (INSERT SHOUT-OUTS).

Ok, now that that's done, lemme let y'all know that Nou La is holding it down for the Left Coast (Killa Cali, whut! Dena, Mt. Washington, Crenshaw and Slauson- get at me!!!), the Best Coast (NYC! Harlem World! Hamilton Heights, you knoooooow! Ok ok, and Brooklyn too. Everybody loves BK), and even down souf (M.I.A/Palm Beach).

While ya girl A$'s been holding it down in sunshiney Florida, I, Jaq da Rippa aka Ya Girl Friday's been roaming the screets (and I do mean screets. My people's from the crooked letter state, ok?) of New York creating much trouble, causing much ruckus, WHUT!

lol....ok, not really. But we have been tres busy, which is why we ain't posted nuthin' in a minute.

WHERE/HOW/WHAT WENT DOWN:

20 Pine Street, TRACE'S screening of Larry Clark's "WASSUP ROCKERS". The Financial District......what more can I say? I was totally geeked to be in such swanky digs within an arm's length distance from dude. Wowzers! Perhaps it was all the hype, but I was super excited to see the new flick (Kids is classic, no?) and then was um.....kinda underwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, I definitely enjoyed moments, but I just didn't feel all the passion I kept hearing about. I dunno....actually, it was probably just the premature buzz that let me down hard, save for a few reeeeaaallly bizarre death scenes. And Janice Dickinson's cameo was PRICELESS! Don't wanna spoil it though......go see for yourselves.

BROOKLYN!!!! The Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival this past Saturday was off the chain.....real talk. Surprise guests C.L. Smooth and Buckshot really showed the chick love.....muito obrigada for keepin' it real fellas! Talk about a feast for the Hip Hop heads...there were many old school heads in attendance (Just Ice, etc.)! One of the many highlights for yours truly was when I was onstage filming the audience during "T.R.O.Y.".....and "Spottieottiedopalicious"......and "Ain't No Half Steppin".....ok, so the whole day was a dream come true. Thank you Brooklyn Bodega for putting a girl on!!!!!!

Up Next.......more randomness and....uh, other stuff (hopefully some pics, damn!). Just stay posted....stay glued to your computer screens. Fa real....don't move.

1

and 2

xoxoxo
Ya Girl Friday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home