Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Bite this

There's something seriously wrong with New York....New Yorkers. Being a member of the NYC massive myself, I have every right to speak my mind.

On the rare occassion I get up early and catch some of the Today Show while I go about my morning biz. I'm not a fan of Matt Laurer...(and no, I didn't make sure that's the correct spelling of his name) I think he's arrogant and rude with only average intelligence and fading looks, trying to hold on to his middle-aged soccer mom fan base. Needless to say, I usually turn the channel when it's his turn. But this morning, I was locked onto NBC.

I'm sure most of you remember the story a few weeks back about the man who was attacked by a guy with a power chain saw in the subway ? Yep, straight out of a movie type sh**. Imagine....you're waiting behind that yellow line, like everyday, on your way to work...to school...to meet up with your man....you're deep in your thoughts: bills, biz, whatever...ipod on....looking at everyone around you--but not. And all of a sudden, some psycho turns your nightmare into deja vu, and all the people you were prentending not to notice are still pretending not to notice you. "Game OFF!".....But no one moves to come to your rescue.

This is real!
poor dude was sawed into repeatedly on a packed subway platform and no one... NOT 1 person helped him! People prentended not to watch a man killing another man! What the f___ is going on?

Its like New York City has readopted a code of silence in subway culture.

Think about it. This is New York City...there are millionsof people walking past us everyday...we see them...we stare at them, we watch how they walk, how their asses fit into jeans, how they catch their breath after slipping through the closing doors of the car. And when they look back, we turn our heads, avert our eyes and go back to our books, tying our shoes, or reading and re-reading the ads: want to lose 30 pounds in 30 days? call this number........That's why I go to NYU.......Jacobi&Meyers Attorneys at Law.......Datelink!..........and so on.

Its like it never happened. I don't see you..................and you don't see me. We are completely aware and unaware of eachother.

The wake up call on 9/11 seemed to bring a new awakening to the city.

There was eye contact, "How are you doing?"s, for a while we saw eachother living and losing together. It was bittersweet seeing our city-.... what should have been the New ......New York City......-make that change...But after an incident like this, its evident that that special time is officially a wrap.

Believe it or not, the guy that got hacked, Michael Stienberg, 64, lived.
he too was shocked no one helped him on the platform. But the only reason-he says-- why he's here today? Jah.

i don't know about yall, but if I can't find a brotha to help me fight off a chain saw... in middIe of manhattan...I don't know if I can rock a Yankee fitted or an "I heart" anything shirt again.



Alex/A money

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home