Sunday, February 25, 2007

I'm in Ethiopia.....

and i'm jetlagged, doped up on larium, and my inner ear's all messed up (did you know that besides being the third largest African country on the continent, Addis Ababa's got a craaaazy high altitude. there's some official statistic about it...obviously i don't know what it is.

in spite of all of my complaints and grievances (yes, British Airways did lose my main bag- the one with ALL the DVDs of the trailer for Nou La's doc, "WORD?! I Didn't Know (_________) Could Get Down Like That!" that we worked so hard to put together. no worries though..should be arriving here tomorrow- i hope!)....I am SO happy to be here.

so far my only outing (been sleeping like a mo'fo) was to this incredible Ethiopian restaurant with Tigraen music and dancers. fresh fresh fresh.....of course, they loved my dad and kept coming over to the table to dance with us. any of y'all familiar with Ethiopian dance? well, they be making krumping look like child's play. real talk- one girl was flinging her head around so fast i thought she was bout to get whiplash.....

all in all, i'm wondrously happy....unfortunately, there's no time to go to Lalibela but we are headed south today and will be back in the capital tomorrow night....

yo...once i get some wireless, i'll post maaad pics!

love you all....

kiss kiss bang bang BANG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home