Friday, July 20, 2007

Beyond The Valley of The Dolls... FRIDAY MOVIE REVIEW!





Trust me when I say that Beyond The Valley of The Dolls is terrific, like really terrific! No really! Couldn't you tell from the overwhelming amount of sex, drugs, and rock and roll in the trailer? No? Well perhaps the amazing plot line (which you can read here) will convince you. A truly camp classic, BTVTD was actually written by Roger Ebert. Oh, the irony...

Here are my TOP 10 reasons why I LOVE BTVTD:

10. The soundtrack (featuring tunes by The Carrie Nations and Strawberry Alarm Clock)

9. "I'm Not Z-Man! I'm SUPERWOMAN"!

8. All the genre bending: horror, musical, drama, comedy, CAMP (aka pure brilliance)

7. Killer plot twists: attempted suicides, unplanned pregnancies, and nervous breakdowns

6. "You're a groovy boy... I'd like to strap you on sometime"! (Ashley St. Ives)

5. BLACK LOVE- Drummer Petra is a sista who says "Right On". (and she kinda reminds me of my Mom)

4. Ashley St. Ives (played by Edy Williams, third wife of director Russ Meyer. Other credits include "Dr. Minx", "Lady Lust", and "Bad Girls From Mars".

3. "Come into my lair said the spider. et cetera". (again, Ashley St. Ives)

2. It was rated X when it first came out, changed to NC-17 in 1990

1. ASHLEY ST. IVES. Honestly, everything she does in the film makes it worth your 2 hours.


xo$
beijos BLAOW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home